What is a Certificate of Deposit (CD)?
No surprise, Certificates of Deposit (CDs) are one of the most popular ways to grow your money. Tailored to your savings timeframe with attractive and predictable rates of return, CD accounts also provide the extra confidence that comes with FDIC insurance.† † †
Learn more about our Certificate of Deposit options below. Then, put your personal savings strategy into action by visiting one of our branches.
Types of Certificates of Deposit
Choose-Your-Term CD Accounts
Flexible and safe, with varying terms.
- Select from terms of 3 months to 5 years.
- Begin with as little as $500.
- Enjoy the flexibility of having your interest go back into your CD account, or transferring it to your checking, savings, or money market savings account if you need it.
May We Also Suggest?
Santander® Premier Plus Checking
Personalized service and complete banking benefits.
- Personal attention from a dedicated banker who will coordinate all of your banking and investment activities.±
- Waive the $35 Monthly Fee by maintaining a combined balance of $75,000 in deposits and investments± or have $6,000 or more in monthly total direct deposits during the service fee period.± ±
Santander® Premier Plus Money Market Savings Account
Part of our Premier offering for Premier Plus customers.
- For Santander Premier Plus Checking customers.
- Personal attention from a dedicated banker who will coordinate your everyday banking needs.
- Easy transfers to and from your Santander Premier Plus Checking account.¤¤
† †Minimum deposit of $500 and any personal Santander® checking account to open a Retail (non-Jumbo) CD and minimum deposit of $100,000 and any personal Santander® checking account to open a Jumbo CD and receive the annual percentage yield (APY) shown above. A penalty will be imposed for early withdrawal from a CD. APY is accurate and effective at this branch as of April 6, 2019 and may change thereafter for new accounts. Rate is available when account is opened within the residential zip code entered. Rates in other locations may vary. Fees may reduce earnings on the account. Offer is subject to change at any time. Contact a banker for further information about applicable fees and terms.
± Investments must be held with Santander Investment Services.
± ± Santander considers Direct Deposits to be automatic electronic deposits made to your account by someone else, such as an employer issuing payroll or a government paying benefits. It may not include deposits to your account that are made by an individual using online banking or an internet payment provider.
¤¤You can withdraw or transfer funds from a savings or money market savings account a total of six (6) times per service fee period (such as by automatic or pre-authorized transfers using telephone, Online Banking, or Mobile Banking, Overdraft Protection, Payments to third parties, Checks, Drafts, and Debit Card purchases). Fees apply if you exceed these limits and, if you repeatedly exceed these limits, we will convert your account to a non-interest bearing checking account.